According to Darryl Saam, a Professional Building Inspector here in Nanaimo (www.discoveryinspections.ca), a pre-sale home inspection upon listing your house for sale is a great idea. It not only gives potential buyers a good first impression, it gives the seller peace of mind that a post-sale inspection won’t turn up any costly surprises! Below are 10 reasons by Darryl:
- Dramatically increases marketability and confidence in your home to the potential buyer.
- Helps to eliminate conditional offers.
- According to the Ontario real-estate board in a market where the average days a home is on the market is 30-40 days a home that has a pre-listing inspection sells 13 days quicker.
- The report can be used by your agent at showings, open houses, emailed as a PDF to potential out of town buyers.
- Speeds up the process of the transaction, it is a win/win for the seller and buyer!
- It helps you prioritize repairs — those you’ll pay for yourself and those you’ll pass on to the buyer.
- It allows you to get quotes on the larger items found to be deficient and reduce the asking price accordingly. CMHC national statistics show that buyers renegotiate 4 to 5 times the actual value of repairs to any deficiencies that their home inspection found. This alone may save you thousands of dollars.
- Included is an eye catching lawn sign that accompanies the agents sign, and a free 120 day limited warranty* on the home.
- Eliminate the stress that comes with “Subject to home inspection”.
- It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
If you have any questions about a pre-sale inspection call Darry Saam at 250-713-4811 and seeing how you’re thinking of selling your home, call Jeff King at 250-751-4902 or email me at [email protected].
* Please note that the 120 day limited warranty is offered by Discovery Home Inspections and may not be offered by all inspection services.